Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Fallen Devil

There is a reason Eleska puts her extensive medical knowledge to use in a private lab versus a public medical center. Her bedside manner is atrocious, and it is undoubtedly being multiplied by the fact that once again, she has to stitch up her brother. What’s worse, I can smell a new familiar scent. I tried to smile. I could hear the mumbling of their conversation via the vibrations of the bacta. Some people who have never had the occasion to be repaired like this do not understand the heightened senses one can sometimes experience. The mild concussion didn’t knock me out. It was the seeping of the atmosphere escaping my damaged ship and the punctured lung that made me pass out upon reentry. With the foresight to program my autopilot my ship took us to Eleska’s lab on Lok. I don’t know how she does it as small as she is but she always manages to pull me into the lab and the bacta tank.

Their voices became raised and I could hear agitation in their conversation. It was time to get out of here. I don’t want them fighting. Suddenly things went cold. Except for….a warmth along my side…and something else, soft, it was holding me. Her, I could smell her, how did she know I was hurt? Why is she at Eleska’s lab? I relaxed and tried to smile but the muscles wouldn’t respond.
Tonight they will. If all else fails, I know she will still be in my arms.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I love you, Max," she whispered, carressing the stubble on his jaw. "If you have to go, I will understand, but I do not want to give up on our love story. Ever. Please come back to me. I need you, Snow." She smirked at that, and wiped her tears on the bedding. She then settled in to wait. As long as he was breathing, she could hope.

October 13, 2011 at 8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home